Ways to Make a Difference
Make an impact in other's lives
Each of us is gifted by God to help others a certain way. In the New Testament, Paul revealed we are saved so that we might do good deeds for the Lord.
The local gathered church is God's plan for us to serve together in addition to our own individual lives. This is something in the Bible in places like Acts chapter 2, verses 42 to 47, as an example.
When you are ready, we have ways to help others too as a volunteer. You could try a few out and see what you like.
Here's some possible areas to serve others and build friendships:
- Sunday Morning Small Groups. Each group of 4-12 people provides a bunch of ways you could connect and volunteer. Most people find building good friendships with other Christians also happens really well in a Small Group. If you want to "connect" with others a Small Group is a great way, around God's truth and a prayer time on Sundays at 9:30 am.
- Sunday Morning or Wednesday Greeting and Hospitality.
- Sports Ministries. There are adult and kid of several types of sports, and there are several ways to volunteer in each.
- Worship Music or Audio-Video Team. If you enjoy helping bring about a God-honoring and seamless worship experience, join us.
- Benevolence and Care. Sandy Plains has a number of options here, you can care for others and show mercy through this one. There is a team you can join to coordinate on acts of mercy.
- House & Grounds. If you can help create a discipleship and worship environment that is fully functional, this is for you. There's even a tech side to House & Grounds available too.
- Weddings, many Special Events, etc. We host many events here at Sandy Plains tied to membership, which does require a team who volunteers to make them go smoothly. Gifts that may fit in a social committee include serving, hospitality, encouragement, administration, and more.
- Men's Ministry. There are several ways to volunteer in this. Sandy Plains has monthly Men's Ministry events to be a part of and then to help coordinate when you're involved, as a way to serve Jesus.
- Women's Ministries. Whether you like encouraging, equipping and serving others, you can show Christ's love and truth here. There are several Women's Ministry opportunities at a time to fit your work or life schedule.
- Student Ministry. Parents of Students and others may want to eventually after connecting and going through a background check help volunteer or assist with the Student program. There are many ways to connect with service projects, teaching break out groups, prayer, set up, student worship, and more.
- Local Service Projects. Sandy Plains is known for serving others locally. We are always open to those who serve others well. This ranges from ramp building, to repairs, to special projects, etc.
- Missions. You'll find gospel sharing and disaster relief International, Regional/State, and Local missions opportunities through Sandy Plains. We have missions partnerships with various organizations that allow mission trips on a regular basis.
- Regional or international missions evangelism, service, and teaching trips. (Acts 2/Matthew 28). Regional missions includes Appalachian Mountain Missions. International includes to Honduras, and other countries as well.
- Outreach Events. Do you like meeting new people and caring for them and sharing about God's love? There's a bunch of these to connect with to see which ones are for you a good fit.
- Prayer Services. In prayer service we minister one Christian to another Christian. You can volunteer a few ways in this area. This is on Sunday evenings at 6 pm in the Chapel building on campus. This is a way to lift up the work of Jesus, and one another's needs to the Lord together. We rotate topics to keep this fresh.
- Children's Ministries. This is a large and very effective ministry at Sandy Plains. We're always open to those who would like to be a part of this area after background checks. Volunteering here is a great way to serve Jesus that is near to God's heart. We have an orientation and background check for those interested, and we value kids.
- Retreat / Conferences. Throughout the year, we have several retreats for various groups. You may help organize these and administrate them once involved for a while.
- And more. This list was just a sampling of options....
Please see any of the Staff for additional info. As always, any children/youth ministry volunteer opportunities or positions involves background checks as well as a time of testing in serving.