Sandy Plains Info
Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Sandy Plains is a church home for you...
Join us for...
- Worship Services 10:30 am Sundays. Come as you are. We are about God's grace and truth. You belong here as this is a great church family. This is a fun place to get serious about God as well.
- Small Groups Sundays 9:30 am. These are for all ages of Small Groups and are for Christian friendship, real life studies in the Bible, applying God's truth to our lives in practical ways, and lifting up prayer requests
Where is Sandy plains located?
Sandy Plains gathers @ 5323 Union Road, Gastonia, 28056. We have church family from several cities, beyond Gastonia, including easy quick access to Clover, Lake Wylie, Cramerton, Belmont and Lowell.
On campus, join us in the Family Life Center (gym building) on campus. As God has grown the congregation, we no longer fit into the older worship chapel.
A Google Map is also below for location/directions.
What is worship like?
You can expect sermons that challenge us to live for Jesus in real life and encourage us. We believe the Bible points to Jesus throughout its books, and speaks to us today. We are intentionally authentic in relationships. We aim to be Bible-based in messages and in content of worship songs.
The worship style is a mix of contemporary Christian music with several classic Christian hymns also. The worship music set is a mix of the best of both in the worship world. Everyone of your friends or family will appreciate the worship set.
Who might I meet @ Sandy plains?
This is a group that you can connect to easily. It is people from all kinds of careers, life situations, and nearby cities. You definitely are able to build solid friendships in the faith @ Sandy Plains.
What are other highlights of sp?
-Upward Sports (Basketball & Cheer). Saturday games, Monday-Tuesday practices. Stay tuned for 2020 updates on Upward. This may very likely be outdoors using our existing Basketball court with new goals. Email for info.
-Awana Kid's Club (all kid ages) - learn about Jesus. Sundays 5:00-6:30 pm. During Covid season in the USA, we will meet for Awana in October-November outside of the Family Life Center weather permitting. Email for info.
-Prayer & Worship Service, Wednesdays 6:45 pm in the Family Life Center (large gym). Be spiritually strengthened mid-week.
-Serving Opportunities. There are many options available, too many to list, but there are ways to connect, and we'd love to have you join us in serving Jesus.
-Student Ministry. Each week there are several Student gatherings available. The main Youth/Student gathering is Wednesdays 6 pm socialize, 6:30 pm Bible study in the lower level of the Chapel building (aka "The Well").
-Missions. When you're ready, we do local service ministries (still active in 2020), regional missions (still active in 2020), and international missions (on hold in 2020 due to Covid in USA). We also give very generously towards those in addition at certain times of the year.
Sandy Plains Church exists to...
Honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus' command to make disciples of all people groups. We accomplish this through our Mission and Core Values.
Reaching our community and beyond with the good news that Jesus saves (Luke 15, 19:10)
Teaching believers through the Bible how to love God and love their neighbors as themselves (Col. 1:28; Matthew 22:37-40)
Sending those believers back out into the world to share with others the story of how Jesus saved them (Rom. 10:13-15; Acts 1:8)
Our Core Values
What is most important to us
- The Bible: authoritative, inerrant, our standard for truth and obedience
- Christ-Centered Living: loving the Lord God with our whole hearts
- Dependency on God for every area of our lives
- Prayer: individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God's work
- Equipping Believers for a passion-driven, gift-based ministry
- Missions: Taking Christ to the nations by giving, praying, and going
How we do ministry
- Loving Relationships: Acceptance, caring for others, forgiving
- Worship: heartfelt, songs you know done with excellence, powerful
- Small Groups/Sunday School for spiritual growth and relationship building
- Strengthening Families along with strong youth, children's, and young adult ministries
- Empowering Leadership
worship service questions...
What should I dress like for service? Our main goal is honor God with the worship service. There are various styles of dress, from one end of the spectrum to the other. Come as you are.
What is the Children's Ministry like? There is a very well run and gospel-centered kids ministry. Info is found here.
What are Prayer opportunities? We believe strongly in the power of God's people praying, and have several avenues for this.
What about being trained, equipped in my faith? So we have many ways to do this. Real life can be tough, we do not pretend anyone is perfect here, and equipping you for practical help is an intentional goal we have, for life decisions, for dating, marriage, parenting, finances, prayer, Bible study, service, encouragement and many more.
We look forward to seeing you Sunday morning to start off, at 10:30 am in the Family Life Center at Sandy Plains!